Monday, March 29, 2010

Shop, Drop, and Roll

Since I love crafting so much and I don't have work at the moment, I am going to try to market some of my wares on Etsy.com. It's a competitive world on Etsy, making it difficult to get noticed. I am reading "The Handmade Marketplace" by Kari Chapin, a guide to selling crafts locally, at craft fairs, and online, to help get my business started. It's a really great guide to "craftonomics," making sure one knows everything they need to know about selling their handmade goodies.


I am in the process of building up some inventory to list in my new shop: littleleaflane.etsy.com. I will be whipping up accessories such as barrettes, headbands, and purses as well as baby things such as pacifier clips, burp cloths, and bibs. I'll also be listing my handmade greeting cards and card sets on Etsy.


If you are looking for me sometime in the next few weeks, I'll be holed up in my craft studio. Happy crafting! 

0 comments:

Post a Comment