It was rainy all day yesterday so we decided to take on the task of making over my craft room closet. As I often do, I forgot to take a picture of the before closet. Nerds! (Insert description here: the old configuration featured two shelves; one at a height appropriate for hanging clothes and one about a foot above that, both extending the width of the closet). I wanted to take advantage of all of that vertical space in there. So after breakfast, I coerced the Gnome into taking me to Lowe's, the closet organizational wonderland...well, actually that's probably The Container Store, but we don't have one of those in the small city of Roanoke. Upon reviewing our available options, we decided to take down the existing shelves (with the intent of reusing them in the new plan) and start over. We got some shelves and wall-mounting hardware from the ClosetMaid Shelftrack line. That way I can move the shelves whenever I need to do so. It took a while, but they are installed, and it is all organized and labeled. Here's the new closet:
It is fantastic. I have so much storage space now...although I may have already used all of the available space. Hmmm. The top two shelves were the existing ones and are all one piece. The new shelves are all 24 inches long. If you look closely, you can see that the bottom two shelves are two pieces.
I love these magazine files from Ikea. I cut out a little piece of colored cardstock for each one and made labels to stick on them with my labelmaker. The cardboard organizers are inexpensive so I actually bought two sets. I'm sure I'll find something to put in the other set.
I used my trusty labelmaker to label the other boxes and bins in the closet too. I'm not really sure why I felt the need to label the plastic see-through bins for yarn and fabric. I guess I just got a little label-happy with my labelmaker :)
Extreme Closet Makeover = Success!
Soon to come: more craft studio pictures...