Saturday, May 15, 2010

Strawberry Fields Forever


The Gnome and I went to a strawberry farm about a half an hour away today to get some not-half-green, vine-ripened strawberries. The place was huge! I don't know how many fields they have, but we drove for about 5 minutes through fields and around a pond to get to Field 2, our assigned picking area. They gave us a row and two buckets. We didn't make it very far down the row before our buckets were heaping. So now we have all of these strawberries. I don't really know what to do with them other than eat them with angel food cake and light whipped cream. That's my favorite. But I guess there's also strawberry daquiris...and strawberry cake...and chocolate-covered strawberries...and strawberries by themselves. Any other ideas?


They are delicious. Nothing beats going and picking your own.



0 comments:

Post a Comment