Friday, March 11, 2011

Leafy

Happy Friday!


Remember this?
And this?
Well, I finally decided how to finish this project off. So here it is!
(Thanks for the suggestions EG!)
I didn't have a scalloped edge die so I cut the yellow strip of felt using a scalloped rotary fabric cutter (I have the white Martha Stewart one with interchangeable blades). I cut the letters out using my Cricut Expression and SCAL (Sure Cuts A Lot software).


Here's a close-up of the tree top so you can see the dimension:
The tree was put together using two tree cutouts. I attached some of the leaves to the bottom tree cutout and some to the top to add some dimension.


As in my previous posts about this project, I'd like to give a shout-out to LollyChops for the original inspiration and tree .svg. Thanks Lolly!!!


Now, that this project is done, I can move onto working on a mobile. I'm also taking a baby hoodie knitting class at my local yarn shop (pattern here). The yarn I'm using is Berroco Weekend in Matcha.


In personal news, I've spent most of this week on my couch due to the lovely stomach bug I have. We were supposed to go out of town yesterday, but that didn't happen. Lots of Gatorade is being consumed, but not a whole lot else. I'm hoping I'll start feeling better soon.


Have a great weekend!


Leaf out.

2 comments:

  1. I love the way you finished your project! It's too cute!!!
    Thanks for stopping by my blog!
    Hope you're feeling better this week!
    HUGS!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I just want to say again how much I love this! I think I like your tree swirls more than mine! :D

    ReplyDelete